Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day! -A photographic "tribute"

So as a humble gesture on this Mother's Day, I have compiled a few photos of my mom from my family's recent visit to Japan. This is by no means the proper blog entry on their visit, but rather a "tribute" to my mom. (It's also a way for me to give her a hard time, which is what I do best.)

Above: One goal of the trip was to try and take photos of my mom without her being aware of it. This is one at the botanical gardens.

Above: Another sneaky shot I took. Mom, the world traveler. I rather like how this turned out. There's a certain mix of uneasiness/excitement on my mom's face that properly sums up the "Holy crap, I'm actually in Japan" feeling.

Mom showing off her stylish yukata.

My mom, who is used to eating a half-stick of gum, was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of food involved in our kaiseki dinner course at the ryokan.

...And mom has officially had enough of the food at the ryokan.


Mom geeking out over the drooping cherry blossom trees at Maruyama park.


Delicious okonomiyaki!! Mom displaying the one-item menu. Don't want our enormous okonomiyaki? Too bad!

A little mother-son bonding over the best ramen EVAR.

And of course, any tribute to mom wouldn't be complete without a picture of her eating. Well done on getting this photo, sis. *high fives Ad*

In summation, my mom is freakin' awesome. Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment